By David Howe
This succinct and hugely readable booklet bargains the best advent to a desirable and fast-growing box. It explains the major strategies in attachment idea and describes how the most attachment forms play out either in early life and later lifestyles. It identifies many of the interesting questions being explored by way of study, such as:
- What half do participants' attachment histories play in grownup relationships?
- What scope is there for attachment types confirmed in infancy to alter later in life?
Students and pros alike from around the fields of psychology, counselling, health and wellbeing and social paintings will locate this an illuminating and thought-provoking consultant to the wealthy complexity of human behaviour.
Read Online or Download Attachment Across the Lifecourse: A Brief Introduction PDF
Similar children's studies books
The final overall healthiness of British youth has been the subject of substantial debate lately, yet too usually this can be in line with fable instead of truth. Are state-of-the-art kids extra under pressure, worried, distressed or delinquent than they was? What does examine facts let us know in regards to the adolescent event this present day and the way it has replaced over the years?
The epidemic of scandals unleashed via the Savile Scandal highlights the precarious prestige of kin of belief. The speedy escalation of this predicament bargains insights into the connection among anxieties approximately formative years and the broader ethical order. This e-book explains why western society has develop into so uncomfortable with the workout of authority.
This targeted factor used to be designed to discover the position of healthiness care pros within the evaluate, therapy, and prevention of kid maltreatment. The preliminary 5 articles have been solicited to reinforce our realizing of assorted types of baby maltreatment in addition to ways designed to successfully reply to this hard challenge.
How do earlier relationships form who we're this present day? Attachment concept deals a robust version for explaining how our earliest relationships have an effect on not just our improvement as youngsters, but in addition our emotions and behavior as adults. This succinct and hugely readable publication deals the right creation to a desirable and fast-growing box.
- Transnational Contexts of Development History, Sociality, and Society of Play: Video Games in East Asia (East Asian Popular Culture)
- Black Youth in Crisis (Routledge Revivals)
- The well-being of children in the UK (4th edition)
- Teaching Practices and Student Achievement: Report of First-Year Findings from the 'Mosaic' Study of Systemic Initiatives in Mathematics and Science: Report ... Initiatives in Mathematics and Science
- Children, Childhood and Youth in the British World (Palgrave Studies in the History of Childhood)
- Contemporary fathering: Theory, Policy and Practice
Extra resources for Attachment Across the Lifecourse: A Brief Introduction