By Alan Agresti
Praise for the second one Edition
"A must-have ebook for someone looking forward to to do learn and/or purposes in express info analysis."
—Statistics in Medicine
"It is a complete pride studying this book."
"If you do any research of specific facts, this can be a vital machine reference."
The use of statistical equipment for reading specific information has elevated dramatically, relatively within the biomedical, social sciences, and monetary industries. Responding to new advancements, this e-book bargains a finished therapy of an important equipment for express information analysis.
Categorical facts research, 3rd Edition summarizes the newest tools for univariate and correlated multivariate specific responses. Readers will discover a unified generalized linear types strategy that connects logistic regression and Poisson and damaging binomial loglinear types for discrete info with common regression for non-stop info. This version additionally features:
- An emphasis on logistic and probit regression equipment for binary, ordinal, and nominal responses for self sustaining observations and for clustered info with marginal versions and random results models
- Two new chapters on replacement equipment for binary reaction info, together with smoothing and regularization equipment, type equipment akin to linear discriminant research and type bushes, and cluster analysis
- New sections introducing the Bayesian strategy for ways in that chapter
- More than a hundred analyses of information units and over six hundred exercises
- Notes on the finish of every bankruptcy that offer references to fresh examine and subject matters now not lined within the textual content, associated with a bibliography of greater than 1,200 sources
- A supplementary site displaying how you can use R and SAS; for all examples within the textual content, with details additionally approximately SPSS and Stata and with workout solutions
Categorical info research, 3rd Edition is a useful device for statisticians and methodologists, reminiscent of biostatisticians and researchers within the social and behavioral sciences, medication and public well-being, advertising, schooling, finance, organic and agricultural sciences, and business caliber control.
Read Online or Download Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) PDF
Similar data mining books
Amassed articles during this sequence are devoted to the improvement and use of software program for earth procedure modelling and goals at bridging the distance among IT ideas and weather technological know-how. the actual subject lined during this quantity addresses the Grid software program which has develop into a major permitting expertise for numerous nationwide weather group Grids that resulted in a brand new size of allotted facts entry and pre- and post-processing services all over the world.
Get a pretty good grounding in Apache Oozie, the workflow scheduler approach for dealing with Hadoop jobs. With this hands-on advisor, skilled Hadoop practitioners stroll you thru the intricacies of this strong and versatile platform, with quite a few examples and real-world use instances. when you manage your Oozie server, you’ll dive into recommendations for writing and coordinating workflows, and how to write complicated facts pipelines.
The target of this monograph is to enhance the functionality of the sentiment research version by way of incorporating the semantic, syntactic and commonsense wisdom. This e-book proposes a unique semantic notion extraction method that makes use of dependency family among phrases to extract the good points from the textual content.
Info uncertainty extensively exists in lots of functions, and an doubtful facts movement is a chain of doubtful tuples that arrive swiftly. despite the fact that, conventional recommendations for deterministic information streams can't be utilized to accommodate info uncertainty at once a result of exponential progress of attainable answer house.
- Using Open Data to Detect Organized Crime Threats: Factors Driving Future Crime
- E-Commerce and Web Technologies: 16th International Conference on Electronic Commerce and Web Technologies, EC-Web 2015, Valencia, Spain, September 2015, ... Notes in Business Information Processing)
- Data Mining: Theories, Algorithms, and Examples (Human Factors and Ergonomics)
- Mastering Python for Data Science
- Decision Support Systems V – Big Data Analytics for Decision Making: First International Conference, ICDSST 2015, Belgrade, Serbia, May 27-29, 2015, Proceedings ... Notes in Business Information Processing)
- Summarizing Biological Networks (Computational Biology)
Extra info for Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)