By Stephen Graham
- A path-breaking exploration of the intersections of warfare, terrorism and cities
- Argues that modern towns are the major strategic websites of geopolitical conflict
- Written via the world’s top analysts of the intersections of city area and armed forces and terrorist violence
- Draws on state of the art examine from geography, background, structure, making plans, sociology, severe thought, politics, diplomacy and armed forces studies
- Provides up to date empirical analyses of particular conflicts, together with 9-11, the “War on Terrorism”, the Balkan wars, the Israeli-Palestinian clash, and concrete antiglobalization battles
- Offers lay readers a worldly point of view at the violence that's engulfing our more and more urbanised world
Read Online or Download Cities, War, and Terrorism: Towards an Urban Geopolitics (Studies in Urban and Social Change) PDF
Similar terrorism books
Ever because it was once first validated, the senior management of Al-Qaeda has sought to speak its center values, rationalizations, and rules to the realm. Altogether, those statements show Al-Qaeda's doctrine and the ideals for which the management claims to be combating. This quantity within the New instructions in Terrorism stories sequence analyzes over 250 statements made by means of the organization's key leaders, Ayman Al-Zawahiri and Usama Bin Ladin, over the past twenty years.
This can be a learn that examines United international locations' efforts opposed to terrorism within the Nineteen Seventies and the way West Germany got here to steer and lead them. it's also an account of numerous hostage and hijacking crises in addition to a glance at German family terrorism.
Drawing from a hundred and forty lately declassified records, this file comprehensively examines the association, territorial designs, administration, group of workers rules, and funds of the Islamic nation of Iraq (ISI) and al-Qa‘ida in Iraq. research of the Islamic kingdom predecessor teams is greater than a old recounting.
Now with a brand new bankruptcy! “Everywhere militants have been blowing up Christians, their church buildings, their retailers. They threatened them with kidnapping. They promised to take their childrens. The message to those ‘infidels’: you don't have any position in Iraq. Pay a penalty to stick, go away, or be killed. ”Sweeping from Syria into Iraq, Islamic kingdom combatants (ISIS) were brutalizing and annihilating Christians.
- Saddam's War: An Iraqi Military Perspective of the Iran-Iraq War - Saddam Hussein as Political and Military Leader, Ba'ath Party, Chemical Weapons, WMD, Iranian Strategy, Republican Guard
- The Trade: My Journey into the Labyrinth of Political Kidnapping
- The Mujahedin-e Khalq in Iraq: A Policy Conundrum
- Syria in Ruins: The Dynamics of the Syrian Civil War: The Dynamics of the Syrian Civil War (Praeger Security International)
Extra resources for Cities, War, and Terrorism: Towards an Urban Geopolitics (Studies in Urban and Social Change)